Work with us
Head Teacher of Creative Ballet Balmain and Bondi
Date Posted: 1st May 2016
We are currently seeking an experienced, qualified and delightful ballet teacher to become Head Teacher in Balmain and Bondi NSW for Sydney's leading creative ballet school for young children aged 2 - 12yrs.
This is a permanent part time position, for a minimum of 12 months, commemcing mid May 2017.
The days required in Balmain are Tuesday and Thursday and Thursday and Saturday in Bondi.
Big Steps Little Feet is a small business with a passionate, loyal and dedicated team of head teachers and assistants.
We currently have 400 children aged 2-12 yrs attending Rainbow Ballet and Classical Ballet classes each week in Bondi & Balmain. Rainbow Ballet is a creative dance program that best meets the creativity and aesthetics of ballet with the skills for brain and body. Our classical ballet classes follow the RAD method of teaching and examining. We also have a lyrical jazz class on a Thursday afternoon in Bondi.
Commencing asap, we require an exceptional head teacher to learn, lead and develop the growth of our programs in Balmain & Bondi in a manner reflecting the philosophies of Big Steps Little Feet. You will also be required to learn and teach our Rainbow Ballet program and the Primary - Grade 2 RAD Ballet syllabus and teach a Lyrical Jazz class in Bondi.
The hourly rate of pay will reflect your ability, experience and commitment to the position.
What we are looking for:
- Qualifications in contemporary dance and/or ballet and a minimum of two years teaching experience.
- Ideally you'll have expereince with the RAD syllabus with knowledge of the new syllabi and experience with preparing children for exams and class awards.
- You must be a quick learner, able to follow instructions and be willing to follow and support the head teacher whilst learning our programs. An openness to being mentored throughout the position is essential.
- A lovely, kind, warm and energetic teaching manner with class management strategies that honour and respect the child.
- You must be committed, vibrant, animated, fun, cheerful and full of energy.
- You must love working with children, facilitating their dance education as well as being articulate, confident and well groomed.
- You must be punctual, reliable and ideally have your own car.
- You must have an ABN, First Aid training and a Working with Children Certificate.
For further information please call 0418660320